Guns and Glamours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introductions are needed...

+3
Max
Hyakinth
DMgoddess
7 posters

Go down

Introductions are needed... Empty Introductions are needed...

Post  DMgoddess Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:18 am

Welcome everyone! It's still a while until the first session since we have winter break to get through (Bah! Christmas?? Give me my nerdy, nerdy WoD!) but I thought I'd go ahead and create a means to organize/geek out about the oncoming campaign. Be aware that I'll leak new info throughout the holiday season. XD

Anyways, this is just an intro thread. Please introduce yourselves and put down what evenings you'll be free next semester!
DMgoddess
DMgoddess
Admin

https://gunsandglamours.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Introductions are needed... Empty Re: Introductions are needed...

Post  Hyakinth Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:19 am

Hello! This is Ben!

I live in White Rock which is pretty far and I have to transit to get up to Vancouver. Thankfully, I can stay at Kara's place overnight if I need to so there's no rush for me to get home the night of. However, in the spring I am taking five courses at Kwantlen Surrey Campus, so my weekdays and Sunday are pretty much forfeit.

Friday evening, Saturday morning/day/evening and Sunday morning/day are doable for me. So hopefully that works for most if not all of you. Or at least the people in the Glamours group.

Last edited by Ben on Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:33 am; edited 9 times in total

Hyakinth

Back to top Go down

Post  DMgoddess Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:56 am

Ben, you officially get a cookie for being the first to post. And by cookie I mean 1 experience point. XD
DMgoddess
DMgoddess
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Max Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:41 am

Okay, lets see here.

I'm Max. I live in Point Grey. Unlike all you lazy students, I'm a working man. I cook at Jeremiah's Pub on 4th and Alma, making tasty foods. I'm free Thursday and Friday nights, and Saturday and Sunday days (I have to go to work around 4/5 or so).

My character for the campaign (on the Guns side) is named Dylan Marriott. He's a were-crow, or Corvian, and I'll be using the Changing Breeds source book for a great deal of my stuff. He's originally from Portland, Oregon. He moved to UPenn to both A) Study math, and B) Get away from a few of his more notorious times he may or may not have slipped up a little with the changing.

He's not terribly spiritual, or at least he'll tell you that. As of now the most useful thing he does with his "gift" is go downtown and scare drunks. However there are times when he does just fly, observe and watch.

Speaking of observe, he's a very social character. He likes to figure people out. He likes to talk. He's not much of a fighter, light bones and all. But damn does the boy have a fast mouth sometimes.

For you games, when you perceive auras or whatever you do, you can see a crow flying around him, or as his shadow or whatever. I'm not sure how changelings would react to it. Speaking of changeling, that shit be some creepy sauce. I'm almost convinced to go to the Glamour side. Almost.

Anyway. As of now I'm totally psyched for this. Can't bloody wait.

Max

Back to top Go down

Post  Roesler Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:29 am

Well it's John here. For free times, next term is fine and I can work arround most things, but have to wait for the actual start of it before I can say when I'll be free.

In the mean time, I would like to introduce Elias Roessler. Political activist and killer of those that bring ill into the world, or who are deficient in his eyes (of course this isnt public knowledge, yet anyone who's smart enough can find some sort of link with him and some rather odd deaths in the last few years). Not much history is available, appart from what he tells people, usually just a middle-class boy from out of town. Though he is of a middle-class upbringing, is rather odd in his conviction of Luxembourgian Marxism. Is currently a late-night DJ for WXPN radio, as well as a part-time student at UPenn.

Though he is still a strong voice in student politics, he keeps to himself, appart from a few select individuals. Those outside this circle are treated curtly, but still politely. He sometimes throws in a few anachronistic sayings, and often uses the metric system (causing most to believe either from the north or just odd parents), and is often astounded by modern technology, and has a perchant for the antique. He seems out of place for the most part, yet no one mentions it directly to him, because of rumours of odd things happening to those that get on his bad side.

He seems to have a rather odd sense of black humour about him, and always smells of smoke, even though he isn't a smoker. Occasionally he partakes in illicit substances and goes wandering arround campus. His favorite haunts are the Fisher Fine Arts Library ( which he calls the Furness Library) and the Chemistry building. Lives near campus on 41st street, and is seen either riding an old cruiser bicycle, or an equally old yellow Osa M52 moped.

Roesler

Back to top Go down

Post  MimsyBorogove Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:16 am

Hi everybody! Sumari MacLeod here. In retrospect, I should have waited to sign up for this forum until I had named my character, but since my main email address is mimsyborogove@gmail.com, I figured better to be practical in lieu of other options. I'm a student for another 18 hours as of this post, and after that, I join the workforce. Since I'll be in an office or a bank or some equivalent thereof, I'd be happiest with Friday or Saturday nights. I play for Glamours.

Gwen Scarlemain is a twenty-one year old student at UPenn, second year, with an intention to major in Psychology. She has no discernible hobbies or allegiances on the campus, save for an occasional attendance to open fencing lessons. She doesn't seem to need them; she has good form. Tall form, too--at five foot ten and a half, with those trained ringlets, she does not cut a wholly unheroic figure.

She doesn't linger on campus. Her official address near Passyunk and Tasker, right by the singing fountain. She is never seen on public transportation, nor is there a parking spot on her student bills. Curious.

She has her quirks; she wears no silver, and eats red meat for every meal. Not that her fondness for cheese-steak is questioned in South Philly. A lot can go unquestioned in these peculiar times.

Last edited by MimsyBorogove on Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total

MimsyBorogove

Back to top Go down

Post  Maeve Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:08 pm

Yello all. This be that will. In respect to availability due to campaign shuffling I'm available Wednesday and the Weekend, not including Friday.

Maeve Nimue Gwynedd or if you prefer Duchess Gwynedd, she has been SCA Queen of the east Three times in the past four years, is a 27-year-old dancer (when the mood strikes), model (if the set garments looks pretty), and a professional descendent. These combinations have made her, while not universally recognized face, she is known to many and does have a set of devoted followers, an number of them young males (much to her glee, they're so much fun to toy with).

Currently un-married with an eleven year old daughter by the name of Mórríghan Elin Gwynedd. The two of them currently reside on 466 and 470 Chestnut Hill Road. Here her collection of military equipment resides, ranging from the modern to the archaic her highlights, which include three functional suites of plate armor 2 European, 1 oriental, a civil war era Gattling-gun, two trebuchets, and a WWI era field gun (functional, ammunition is impossible to purchase). Besides weaponry this estate is over flowing with mustildes, a mated pair of wolverines, 6 families of stoats, two pine martins, a pair of river otters and a solitary badger.

She eschews the riches use of a chauffeur though, papa insists she keeps one on staff, and can been seen driving her daughter to various school functions behind the wheel of Philly's only Bugatti Veyron Fbg Par Hermès.

When not doting on her daughter, obsessing over various methods by which destruction can be visited on other humans, and caring for a small menagerie of belligerent beasts, she is your typical beautiful 27 year-old girl with more money than you could burn.
Maeve
Maeve

Back to top Go down

Post  tzar1990 Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:12 am

Hey, this is Chris. I live on campus, but I can go wherever campaign is. I’m open evenings as weekends, except for Saturday days, when I’m in a serenity campaign with several other members of this one. I’ll be playing on the Glamours side, as a young changeling who calls herself Gilly Feigr.

Gilly didn’t appear in town until three years back. She knows she was... somewhere before she arrived in town, but when she thinks about it, all she gets are flashes of cold men with silver eyes, fear, and a castle half sunken in an eternal high tide. For obvious reasons, she doesn’t think about that time much anymore. Still, there are times when she can’t help it, especially when she visits the ocean, or when the wind blows and the river ripples.

When Gilly (the name on her stolen ID says Jillian Adler) first showed up, on a frosty November night, she had nothing but the torn clothes on her scratched and battered body. With no ID or cash, she would have been out of luck, if she hadn’t gone and made some luck of her own. On her third night in the city, she found a young woman, frozen to death, in a corner alley. Forsaking her morals and sense of right and wrong, she took what little was in the woman’s wallet and the clothes off her back, as well as a small baggie of white powder, then dumped the body in the river Delaware. A few days later, having sold the bag to a desperate young man, she cleaned up, found a job at the first place desperate enough to employ her, and eventually moved out of the church homeless shelter and into an apartment of her own. After about a month in town, representatives of the Autumn court found her, offering to help her overcome her fears and learn to harness some strange powers. She accepted.

These days, Gilly spends her nights working (and doing strange things with the water, when she’s out of sight of the cameras) at an aquarium, and spends the day attending classes at UPenn. She’s not actually a student there, but attending makes her feel normal, and anyways, knowledge is power, and maybe that’ll give her the edge to keep from getting taken back. Despite her status as an autumn court member, she mostly stays out of the local politics. She feels it keeps her from being taken advantage of, and anyways, she can get the training and knowledge she wants from the safer sidelines.

Gilly looks to be about 24 or so, but she could easily be a few years of younger. She stands about 5’6”, and when mortals see her, they perceive a slouching young woman with stringy, eternally damp light-blond hair, a pale complexion, and skin that seems to be just a bit sweaty at all times. To those with the means to see, though, Gilly appears a wee bit more exotic. Her skin is cornflower blue, with, upon close inspection, a network of pale markings that resemble scales. Her hair takes on a colour like sea-foam, and moves more like a sheet of water than hair. Her eyes are still green, but they take on an much deeper tone, and things sometimes seem to move in the depths. If she smiles, her teeth seem pointed and the color of sea-bleached bone.

Ms. Feigr is an intellectual character, with a decent amount of combat prowess. She’s a dabbler in most of the mental skills, except politics and craft. She can’t drive, shoot, stab, or survive in the woods, but can swim surprisingly well for someone who tends to panic if she spends too long in the ocean. She also knows how to punch and kick well enough to deter most attackers, and she likes to use her aptitude with water to increase her attacks with punishing, knife thin jets of water. She prefers to avoid direct conflict, though, and to that end, she tends to sneak around when possible. Her social skills are her weakest point. She has just one dot each in persuasion and subterfuge, but she actually has two in expression. In the sunken castle, sometimes she would be called to sing or dance for her grim lord’s amusement, and if she couldn’t... well, she had to learn quickly.

Gilly seems shy, but normal enough at first, but she has some surprising triggers that can set her off. When she sees blood, she often gets nervous and twitchy, and doesn’t really calm down until the injured person has either left, or gotten enough first aid to stop the bleeding. A few years back, she almost attacked a customer who made a few cracks about her being on the rag. The touch of seaweed is enough to make her freak out, enough that she won’t swim in the ocean. Also, although she doesn’t know it yet, the taste of sushi (actually, the seaweed wrap around it) would drive her to a near breakdown if she ever had it.

Gilly lives in a small apartment, about 45 minutes off campus. The place seems run-down and a little dirty, and in some places pipes occasionally drip on the floor or into well-placed buckets, but she has several very clean fishtanks, as well as variety of small berry plants in the window. She also takes care of a small fruit and vegetable in the shared courtyard, which seem to have perfectly ripe foodstuffs on them surprisingly often. Thanks to these and her... unusual set of powers, she frequently has fresh fruit and fish to eat, which could lead to some awkward questions from her neighbours, who only know her as the creepy girl down the hall, if they were to see what she gets up to in the garden at night. On the other hand, maybe she could use that fear of the unknown to create a brief surge of terror, which she finds she has developed a small taste for these days...
tzar1990
tzar1990

Back to top Go down

Post  DMgoddess Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:32 pm

Probably most of you will check FB before here, but I thought I'd post a copy of the message I sent ya'll there anyway:

Hey guys. For those of you that were not present, something happened last night that might have to make me make slight changes in the team rosters for each side. If any of you know anyone who would be interested in joining (it would be the Glamours side) it would make me breathe a sigh of relief. If you know anyone at all, have them contact me as soon as possible, since I don't want to have to delay starting.

If I still can, I was planning to start the week after this one. Based on ya'll's input for those I'd heard from, I was thinking Guns on Sunday mornings and Glamours on Friday evenings.... But that can be renegotiated when I know for certain who's where.
DMgoddess
DMgoddess
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum